Travel to Eurochocolate festival 2019
Chocolate is an old delicacy that was discovered in Mesoamerica. The fermented beverages made from chocolate date back to 450 BC. The Aztecs believed that cacao seeds were the gift of the god of wisdom and they had that right!
Chocolate has been consumed by mankind for the longest time. Hot, cold, warm, liquid, solid, powder, spicy, sweet, foamy and so many other forms of it have been produced and people continue to love it. One celebration of this gift from the gods is the renowned Eurochocolate festival, Italy.
What is Eurochocolate Festival?
- Eurochocolate is an annual 10 days long Chocolate festival that is held in Perugia, the capital of the Umbria region in central Italy.
- This year the festival will begin on 18th October 2019 and the last day of the festival will be 28th October 2019.
- It is located in the squares and areas of Piazza Italia, Piazza della Repubblica, Corso Vannucci, Via Mazzini, Via Fani, The Terrace of the Covered Market, and Piazza IV Novembre.
- The first time the festival was held was in 1993 and has been a hit with chocolate lovers all over the globe ever since.
- Every year the festival hosts nearly 1 million guests, that travel from far and wide to satiate their need for world class chocolates.
- More than 130 suppliers (comprising also of super loved chocolate brands like Lindt & Perugia’s original brand Perugina) of the best chocolate in the whole of Europe, especially Italy, come together to make Eurochocolate happen. Their presence fills the streets of the city with delicious choco aromas.
- You can explore many snacks and souvenirs such as chocolate covered bananas, chocolate liqueur, chocolate molds, chocolate bricks and even chocolate kebabs.
- A lot of activities such as chocolate art displays, experimental chocolate tastings, street performances and a very exciting live Chocolate sculpting show are held every year to keep the audience entertained.
Eurochocolate becomes better and more exciting every year. If you happen to be a chocolate enthusiast and might want to make a visit, read on to discover :
- How you can get to the festival?
- What activities you can engage in while there?
Rent a pocket friendly car for Eurochocolate
Whether you are traveling alone or with family or friends, on our booking engine we can help you find a cheap and comfortable rental car for your trip to Eurochocolate in Perugia, Italy. We are partnered with the best suppliers in the world that are at the top of their game. The likes of Europcar, Hertz, Avis etc. are active in Perugia and will be happy to assist you on your trip.
Rental car counters in Perugia
Most of the booths for rental cars are located at popular points of the city. Airports are also a common pickup point. PEG airport is the only airport within the city, but if you are traveling from some other parts you can fly to Florence, Pisa or Rome and rent a car at the airport to drive down to Perugia. Italy is astoundingly beautiful and you will definitely not regret this decision.
San Francesco d'Assisi Airport
|Address:||Via dell'aeroporto snc, 06134 Perugia PG, Italy|
Florence Airport, Peretola
|Address:||Via del Termine, 11, 50127 Firenze FI, Italy|
Pisa Airport (PSA)
|Address:||Piazzale D'ascanio, 1, 56121 Pisa PI, Italy|
What to expect in Eurochocolate 2019
There are numerous activities that take place in this long festival and a lot of things you can join in on and explore. There is also a famed ‘chocolate spa’ that is as relaxing as it sounds. The Sculpting show takes place on the First Sunday and a lot of people flock to the place to catch it.
The entire 10 days is a sheer delight , with so many different kinds of display of objects made of chocolate, cooking workshops, street dancing and lots more. There is also one extremely tempting advantage about the event— festival entrance and all activities are free.
Parking at Eurochocolate
There is a parking lot at the city center, and if the area is not occupied by other carnivals you can easily find a parking spot. You may also park at nearby Fontivegge Mini Metro station.
The last stop, and the station closest to the Festival, is Pincetto Mini Metro Station. You can park your rental car there & walk to the festival and prepare to indulge.
During the festival, the guests can buy the famous Chococard.
These very special cards offer several benefits ranging from discounts at many different chocolate stands to numerous free tastings. Also, the Chococard’s owners will be able to take part in a contest that has great prizes. For the extreme chocolate lovers, the chococard is the right option.